The Democratization of Technical Creativity
There is a long tradition of learning from others in front-end web development. Picking up your next trick is a "view source" away. Now the same is becoming true across the entire stack. APIs and the cloud are simplifying the complex. A non-coder cannot quickly become lead engineer, but many projects no longer require a founder with deep programming knowledge. Just about everyone can harness their creativity and use technology to share it with the world.
This workshop from long-time developer communicator Adam DuVander will show how easy it is to create on today's web. Using free tools and APIs, Adam will help attendees tap their technical creativity. If you've always wanted to code or know people who do, you'll take away useful tips.
- Automatically archive social media posts almost anywhere without code
- Aggregate and display your own data from multiple locations on one web page
- Send an email or text message whenever someone tweets or blogs
The simple examples will be kept broad enough that you'll have time to explore your own similar use cases and ask Adam questions. Learn how to find and use the many resources available today to bring projects from the imaginations of non-coders to our ever-growing number of screens.
- Comfortability with copying, pasting and altering URLs.
What to Bring:
- Create a DropBox account and have the software installed on your laptop.